This vintage magazine is in a good condition with some minor signs of age, the staples are a little 'rusty' and there's some creases, slight 'foxing' but nothing to serious.
This old mag is 57 years old and the pages are numbered from 857 up to 1012, that's over 150 magazine pages full of news articles, advertising, photographs and illustrations.
The written articles are illustrated with photographs or drawings both in colour and black & white. they include:
- A Window on Spithead by Bartimeus (Captain Sir Lewis Ritchie, R.N., retd.)
- Envoys In The Abbey by Stuart de la Mahotiere
- Wings Over the Palace By Wing Commander E.Bentley Beauman
- Scotlands Royal Archers
- The First Elizabeth by Elfreda Neale
- The Souvenirs This Time by Susan Attenborough
- Fashions For The Coronation by Anne Lambton with photographs of some of the designs by Victor Stiebel, John Cavanagh, Mattli, Kent and Francis and Maggy Rouff.
- The Great Day in the Village by Ralph Whitlock
- London in Six Reigns by Robert Norman
- Dinner at Home by Robin Adair, Planning meals for the stay at home velebrations on the great day.
There must are 100 plus vintage adverts and advertising cuttings, probably more if you include the classified ads. Some of the vintage ads are full colour and nicely illustrated whilst others are black and white with photographs. For a collector of old advertising ephemera, news paper cuttings, scrapbook clippings these old vintage magazine are a 'goldmine' because there is a wealth of ephemera to search through.
Some of the old vintage adverts include:
- Humber Car full page, colour illustrated advertising.
- Landrover illustrated advert.
- Estate Agents adverts many with photographs of the properties for sale.
- Peter Scott & Co LTD Sportwear advert
- Firestone Tyres ad
- Morris Minor, Riley, MG, Woseley vintage car advert full page colour illustrated.
and many more inlcuding car ads, fashion adverts, agriculture advertising, alcholol, tobacco and cigarette adverts.
A wonderful resource for collage, altered art, scrapbooks, cards, primitives, tags and labels, decoupage,framed prints. ideal for all collectors including ephemera, advertising, fashion and students of the past!
If you are looking for a particular advert then please let me know because I have many more collectible vintage magazines and ephemera. If you wish to subscribe to the Field magazine then please click here.
Discover more vintage magazines visit Magazine Collector, its a great website with loads of information, images and a forum to discuss collecting mags.
BEST OFFER @ MY EBAY